[XeTeX] Re: [OS X TeX] Type Classics for Learning

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Tue Jun 29 21:59:37 CEST 2004

What exactly would that mean? Condensed, Extended, Semi Condensed etc.
need there own fd files? That shouldn't be a problem now that things
are typed in. Is Myriad the only font really affected by this? My
concern is on naming. How should I name these to fit in with the Berry
scheme and indicate OpenType, Unicode, and Pro vs. Std?

The hardest part about this was figuring out which features each font
supports. Should there be versions with Stylistic Alternates and Swash
Capitals as well as versions without? I just made the decision to use
Stylistic Alternates and Swash in Italics if they were available. I
also decided to use Oldstyle figures in any small caps face. There is
probably a design guide for such things that I should have followed.