[XeTeX] Re: [OS X TeX] Type Classics for Learning

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Tue Jun 29 18:25:48 CEST 2004

I have posted fd files for a number of the fonts in the Adobe Type
Classics collection. I used examples by Bruce D'Arcus as a starting
point. These should probably be considered as a starting point as well
with more work needed. Obviously one must own the fonts in order to use
them with XeTeX. You can grab the fd files at

http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb/AdobeTypeClassicsplus.zip

Enjoy.

On Jun 28, 2004, at 2:01 PM, Jon Breitenbucher wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2004, at 12:08 PM, Peder Axensten wrote:
>
>> Jon, would you mind sharing these .fd files?
>>

> I am in the process of cleaning up the .fd files. I plan on putting
> together files for Adobe Garamond Pro, Adobe Caslon Pro, Adobe Jenson
> Pro, Warnock Pro, Utopia Std, Prestige Elite Std, News Gothic Std,
> Sanvito Pro, Myriad Pro, Minion Pro, Cronos Pro, Courier Std, and
> Chaparral Pro. Some of these include optical variants, which I will
> use. I think the Std fonts lack some of the glyphs found in their
> Postscript Expert versions. The Pro fonts would correspond to the
> Expert version of the Postscript font. Someone please correct me if
> this is incorrect.
>
> So far these fonts are working very nicely with XeTeX. I am not sure
> if XeTeX is recognizing all of the OpenType features. However, swash
> is the only feature I have had trouble with so far.
>
> I hope to make them available by the end of the week.
> ___________________________________
> Error message Haiku:
> Yesterday it worked.
> Today it is not working.
> Windows is like that.
>
> Jon Breitenbucher
> The College of Wooster
> Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
> Wooster, Ohio 44691
>
> (330)263-2207
> jbreitenbuch at wooster.edu
> http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb

> Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Please see <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for list
> guidelines, information, and LaTeX/TeX resources.

Mathematics as a science, commenced when first someone, probably a
Greek, proved propositions about "any" things or about "some" things,
without specifications of definite particular things. (Alfred North
Whitehead)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
Wooster, Ohio 44691