[XeTeX] sample .tex file: offlist

Tim Lighthiser lighthisertim at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 03:48:15 CEST 2004

Jonathan,

I recd a .tex file from Somadeva and some
instructions: I now have much better understanding of
what needs to be done.

Therein, I learned of the necessity of putting
\font\dnA="Devanagari MT:script=deva" at 11pt in the
preamble and then inputting text with a delimiter such
as {\dnA
अस्त्युत्तरस्यां} with
the Devanagari-QWERTY palette, and a couple of other
things.

As a newbie learning along the way as advised by
Lamport's book, I was in need of this spoon-feeding
which I did not find on the XeTeX site.

In any event, I thank you for your work!

What a contribution!

I have been longing for devanag output for 2 years!!

Thanks again!

Tim Lighthiser