[XeTeX] XeTeX segmentation faults

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 15 11:04:02 CEST 2004

On 15 Jun 2004, at 9:55 am, Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Jonathan Kew said this at Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:27:35 +0100:
>
>> OK, that's helpful. I remember you mentioned that the samples using CM
>> fonts worked OK, but others crashed; this is consistent with that
>> behavior. It looks like there is a font installed in your system that
>> is somehow confusing Apple Type Services; possibly a damaged/corrupt
>> font file.
>
> I know in my testing that a .pfb in one of the usual Library/Fonts
> locations will consistently confuse some part of ATS. That might be
> something to look for.

Thanks for this tip, Adam; that's worth keeping in mind.

Is there any reason to try installing .pfb's in Library/Fonts folders?
AFAIK, I don't think the OS can actually load them directly, can it? At
least it didn't seem to be able to when I tried some time back, and
that's why I started converting the CM and other .pfb's to .otf's for
XeTeX to use.

Jonathan