[XeTeX] Version 0.82 posted

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 11 15:56:14 CEST 2004

Le 11 juin 04, à 14:43, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> I've posted release 0.82 of XeTeX, which I believe corrects the
> vertical metrics/spacing problem with OpenType fonts. Jim, Somadeva,
> and others, please let me know if you still see bad results with this
> version.

I've just installed v0.82. I've not noticed anything new regarding
spacing: for a LaTeX document originally in CM fonts, when I switch to
Optima using:

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{optima}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{m}{n}%
   {<-> "Optima\space Regular"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{m}{it}%
   {<-> "Optima\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{bx}{n}%
   {<-> "Optima\space Bold"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{b}{n}%
   {<-> ssub * optima/bx/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{bx}{it}%
   {<-> "Optima\space Bold\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{b}{it}%
   {<-> ssub * optima/bx/it}{}
\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{U}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{optima}

then the baselineskip changes, the one built-in (?) taking over the one
specified in LaTeX (normally 14.5pt for a 12pt-size font). I'm not sure
this is what you were referring to.

Bruno