[XeTeX] Version 0.81 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 10 20:18:33 CEST 2004

I have posted XeTeX version 0.81, in both i-Package and Apple Installer
formats. This release does not include any new features, but the
OpenType support has been radically restructured (let me know if
anything has broken that used to work!) such that it should be a little
more efficient; this release may be able to run on Jaguar again, as it
no longer links with the libicucore.dylib library from Panther.

A couple of minor enhancements: the "color" option now works for
OpenType as well as AAT fonts, for those who would like to define
colored fonts using \font as an alternative to using
\special{x:textcolor}. And there are versions of some non-English
hyphenation files such as Russian and Croatian that couldn't be loaded
previously.

As always, feedback (positive or negative) is invited!

Jonathan