[XeTeX] Hanging figures by default with otf?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 10 17:35:16 CEST 2004

On 10 Jun 2004, at 4:26 pm, Adam Lindsay wrote:

> J P Blevins said this at Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:04:23 +0100:
>
>> Adding :+c2sc comes close, but also converts capitals to small caps:
>>
>> \DeclareFontShape{U}{AdobeGaramondPro}{m}{n}%
>>     {<-> "Adobe\space Garamond\space Pro:+c2sc"}{}
>
> I haven't gotten XeTeX 0.8 running on my machine yet, but I do work
> with
> these OpenType fonts a lot. Try "Adobe\space Garamond\space Pro:+onum"

I was just about to send the same response. :-) Yes, that should do it;
you're looking for the "Oldstyle figures" feature, and that's the
OpenType tag for it.

If you have a copy of the fonts on a Windows machine, you can use the
Font Properties Extension (or something like that, I forget the precise
name) to see what features a given font supports. XeTeX doesn't yet
have a way for you to query OT fonts like that (as it does for AAT
fonts). Maybe in a future version....

Jonathan