[XeTeX] Re: New feature request for XeTeX

Somadevah at aol.com Somadevah at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 20:31:19 CEST 2004

In a message dated 26/7/04 4:45:59 pm, ross at ics.mq.edu.au writes:

> > If you need something more than a simple character code remapping for
> > certain characters, perhaps those instances could be handled as
> > \active characters in TeX, while the "mapping=...." option would allow
> > you to remap the majority of simple characters without having to
> > \activate just about everything. Reasonable compromise?

I suspect this might prove far more valuable than it first looks. Would it
not allow one to remap from one script to another? So that one might type Hindi
in unicode Roman transliteration and then be able to output it either as Roman
transliterated text or Devanagari, depending on the "mapping" used for an
environment?

Somadeva