[XeTeX] \XeTeXpicfile and PDF Resolution

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 02:24:14 CEST 2004

I may be missing something, but the documentation for XeTeX says:

"Note that PDF files can also be included by the \XeTeXpicfile command,
but this has two significant drawbacks: they will be rendered as lower-resolution graphics,
and only the first page is available."

The inference being that the \XeTeXpdffile would be better:

"There is also a \XeTeXpdffile command. This is similar to |\XeTeXpicfile|, but recognizes an additional option:

page <number>

This specifies the page to be included from the PDF file (default is the first page). Negative numbers can be used to indicate pages relative to the end of the file; thus |page -2| means the second to last page. The |page| option, if used, must be specified as the {\it first} keyword after the filename, before any transformations."

I have used this to excellent effect. Give it a try!