[XeTeX] \XeTeXpicfile and PDF Resolution

Atip Asvanund atip at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 9 01:43:43 CEST 2004

I notice that when I use \XeTeXpicfile to place a .PDF image, it gets a
very bad resolution. The .PDF images I use are text and vector types, and
should be extremely resizable. However, \XeTeXpicfile treats it like a
bitmap image, for a very odd reason. The end result is very pixelated. I
get the same thing with \pdfimage as well. I get a much better result when
I use a high resolution bitmap format (TIFF). Is there something I am
doing wrong here?

Atip