[XeTeX] Color names in XeTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 28 11:25:32 CET 2004

Le 28 déc. 04, à 01:02, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> It looks like you can probably work around the issue for now, by
> saving the JPEG without an embedded color profile, if the original
> application (or some other utility) gives you this option. But you may
> lose some of the color accuracy you'd like to have, of course.

Just done that, which had me reading about color more than I ever
wanted to know:

- Looked at ColorSync Utility help, then
<http://images.apple.com/pro/pdf/Color_Management_in_Mac_OS_X.pdf>, and
found an assembly of useful scripts at /Library/Scripts/ColorSync.

- Found out the JPEG file, legi150.jpg, had the embedded profile "sRGB
IEC61966-2.1", which happens (the JPEG file had been provided by a
third party --- a graphic designer --- and hadn't been edited by me) to
also live on my setup as an independent file

	/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/sRGB
Color Space Profile.icm

- Used "/Library/Scripts/ColorSync/Match to chosen profiles" to prepare
an alternative version, legi150b.jpg, with profile "Profil sRVB"
corresponding to

	/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/sRGB Profile.icc

- Used "/Library/Scripts/ColorSync/Remove profile from image" to
prepare a second alternative version, legi150c.jpg, with no profile at
all.

It's amazing how such little changes impact the output: