[XeTeX] Color names in XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Dec 28 01:02:48 CET 2004

On 27 Dec 2004, at 11:13 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> I get an unconnected xdv2pdf error, though, which seems to be linked
> with the inclusion of a JPEG file. Namely, using the following code:
>
> 	\newbox\logobox \newdimen\logoheight
> 	\setbox\logobox=\hbox{\XeTeXpicfile "legi150.jpg"}
> 	\logoheight=\ht\logobox
> 	\divide\logoheight by\mag
> 	\multiply\logoheight by1000
> 	\setbox\logobox=\hbox{\XeTeXpicfile "legi150.jpg" height\logoheight}
>
> which I think is OK, produces in TeXShop's console window:
>
> 	Error creating cg colorspace from csync profile
>
> and in /var/log/system.log:
>
> Dec 28 00:07:20 localhost xdv2pdf: GraphicsImportGetColorSyncProfile
> was called for an image that has a ColorSync profile, but the base
> graphics importer will perform ColorSync matching, so a generic
> profile is being returned to avoid incorrect matching.  To opt out of
> automatic ColorSync matching and access actual embedded profiles, set
> the kGraphicsImporterDontUseColorMatching flag.
>
> I imagine there's something wrong with my JPEG file.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your file, it's just a
particular flavor that xdv2pdf doesn't handle properly. I've seen a few
reports of this. I need to look into this sometime. The system.log
message seems to make it pretty clear that xdv2pdf isn't handling color
matching issues properly.

It looks like you can probably work around the issue for now, by saving
the JPEG without an embedded color profile, if the original application
(or some other utility) gives you this option. But you may lose some of
the color accuracy you'd like to have, of course.