[XeTeX] ps output

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Dec 21 10:27:23 CET 2004

On 21 Dec 2004, at 9:04 am, Michael Zedler wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Using XeTeX with fontspec is a real charm. One question regarding the
> pdf generation: Is it possible to create ps files for later processing
> it with Acrobat Distiller in order to generate smaller pdf files?

Not directly. What you could try, if you wish, would be to "print" the
PDF generated by XeTeX to a PostScript file, via the "Output options"
in the Print dialog in Preview or TeXShop or whatever, and then
re-distill that. I don't know what results you'll get.

It's also possible that using fontspec with the current XeTeX release
may load multiple copies of the same font, and this might be causing
the font to be embedded multiple times. This issue will be fixed in the
next release (though I'm not sure whether it is in fact seriously
affecting PDF size).