[XeTeX] fontspec, keyval & "Colour"

Paolo Matteucci p.matteucci at soton.ac.uk
Sun Dec 19 23:50:49 CET 2004

Il giorno 19/dic/04, alle 20:43, Herb Schulz ha scritto:

> On 12/19/04 1:52 PM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/19/04 1:41 PM, "Paolo Matteucci" <p.matteucci at soton.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [..]. I had no "%" sign on my
>>> second line (?)...
>>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> But did that fix it? I assume it did.

Yep, it did, thanks.  :-)

> Howdy,
>
> Assuming that adding that `%' after the `[' worked it means that you
> shouldn't have a space (spaces after a newline are skipped in TeX but
> any
> space before and including newline counts as a space in TeX, that's
> why the
> % is used since it comments out the newline)

I'm well aware of this, thanks...  ;-)

>  between the `[' and the first
> argument, at least when keyval is being used. Keyval was probably
> complaining that ` Colour' is not an option - notice the leading space.

Quite possibly, as a closer inspection does seem to reveal... I still
don't understand why I didn't have that "%" in the first place, though,
and why it did work "before" (I'm pretty sure I've never touched that
line!)... Unless this new version of (La)TeX, keyval, etc. is "fussier"
than the previous one -I remember a similar thing happened (long time
ago) in upgrading from an old version of amsmath to a later one...

	Again, many thanks,

	Paolo