[XeTeX] xelatex problem after new 2003 setup of GWTeX

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 15:47:29 CET 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:17 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 16 déc. 04, à 12:04, Adam Lindsay a écrit :
>
>> Bruno Voisin said this at Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:21:17 +0100:
>>
>>> Gerben made changes in some memory
>>> parameters in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf on
>>> November
>>> 28, and it's possible the bug appears as a consequence of these
>>> changes.
>>
>> Gerben's changes may be *sufficient* to encounter the bug, but they
>> are
>> by no means *necessary*. I was running into this bug in early XeTeX
>> over
>> my TeXLive setup, before I switched to gwTeX.
>
> What I noticed is that with a TL2004 setup corresponding to the
> i-Package of 16 November, XeTeX 0.88 was working fine. A couple of
> hours later, after reinstalling completely (ie erase /usr/local/teTeX/
> then reinstall) TL2004 from the latest i-Package, then XeTeX 0.88, I
> could no longer typeset exactly the same file and obtained the
> [][][]... error instead.
>
> Bruno Voisin

This is exactly what happened to me about a week or two ago. So is it
something about the TL2004 setup?
The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this
matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and
pencil surpass him in intelligence. (Ernst Mach)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University
Wooster, Ohio 44691