[XeTeX] XeTeX and TeX Live 2004

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Dec 6 17:31:27 CET 2004

Jonathan Kew wrote on 06.12.2004:

>On 6 Dec 2004, at 4:16 pm, Jan Eden wrote:
>
>>Jonathan Kew wrote on 06.12.2004:

>>>It's supposed to, but apparently this must not be working for you.
>>>(Are you running 10.3.x?)
>>>
>>Yes, 10.3.6.

>>>You could include this in a TeXShop "engine" file or similar
>>>script, depending on your working environment.
>>>
>>I am actually calling xelatex from within a Perl script, so I only
>>have to include the argument once.
>>
>>XeTeX actually allowed me to write this script which automates
>>letter generation for my workgroup via a webbrowser, because I
>>hesitated to convert two more fonts for use with the traditional
>>TeX font system.
>
>Aha, I wonder.... could the OS X default paper size setting be a
>per-user rather than per-machine preference? If so, you'd need to
>set it to A4 for the "www" user (or whoever executes your CGI
>script), in order to get the right default there.
>
>Do you get A4 by default if you run XeTeX as your normal user rather
>than via the browser?

Now that is interesting: I do not only get A4 when running xelatex as myself - but I also get the correct dimensions (209.9 x 297) instead of the slightly larger dimensions when running as www with option -papersize=a4.

Best,

Jan
--
These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others. - Groucho Marx