[XeTeX] XeTeX and TeX Live 2004

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Dec 6 17:00:44 CET 2004

Jonathan Kew wrote on 06.12.2004:

>Regarding the default size:
>>Related question: How do I configure XeLaTeX to use A4 by default?
>>I seldom have to use letter paper.
>There are two issues: the size used by LaTeX to do layout, and the
>media size of the PDF that xdv2pdf generates. The former is entirely
>dependent on package options you specify in your document (such as
>[a4paper]). The latter is dependent on the -papersize argument to
>xetex (or the -p argument to xdv2pdf, if you run it separately); if
>no papersize argument is provided, it should use the default size
>from the OS X printing system. So try setting it in System
>Preferences; that should work provided it isn't overridden by a
>command-line argument somewhere.

My self-defined document classes are all set up for A4 paper. I did not expect xdv2pdf to refer to the OS X printing system, but in any case: my system settings use A4, too.

But this is really a minor issue, I can live with manually using the -papersize / -p argument.

Thanks,

Jan
--
Common sense is what tells you that the world is flat.