[XeTeX] Euler Script: Fixed!

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 5 21:55:25 CET 2004

On 5 Dec 2004, at 7:48 pm, Chris Menzel wrote:

>> In Terminal, try
>>
>> 	kpsewhich -format "dvips config" psfonts.map
>>
>> and see if it is found.... that should be equivalent (I think) to what
>> xdv2pdf does internally to locate the file.
>
> It is immediately found by kpsewhich.

Hmmm. That's puzzling; I would have expected xdv2pdf to find it as
well, then.

>> My guess is that your texmf.cnf is lacking an entry that is needed to
>> find this file (perhaps it points to where the Fink teTeX used to
>> be?).
>
> No, but I do see now that there are two texmf.cnf files -- one in
> /usr/local/teTeX and one /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c.

If I understand things correctly, *both* will be read, with entries in
the former supplementing or overriding those in the latter. But I'm not
sure exactly which texmf.cnf variable(s) are relevant here, without
being in the office to look things up.

If you run xetex/xelatex with the "-no-pdf" option, so as to get a .xdv
file, you can then run xdv2pdf with the "-d -1" option that will give
you full kpathsearch debugging output to the terminal. This should
indicate what paths are being used, etc., and might help track down the
problem.

Sorry it's giving you such trouble!