[XeTeX] Euler Script: Fixed!

Chris Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Sun Dec 5 20:48:42 CET 2004

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 06:39:36PM +0000, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2004, at 1:17 pm, Chris Menzel wrote:
>
> >when I run xelatex I am getting the error
> >
> >  psfonts.map not found; texmf.cnf may be broken
> >
> >psfonts does in fact live in
> >/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ as a symlink
> >to psfonts_t1.map in the same dir.
>
> xdv2pdf relies on "borrowing" dvips's configuration file to help it
> identify font files associated with .tfm-based fonts, and use the
> proper encodings. But apparently it isn't finding it on your system.
>
> In Terminal, try
>
> 	kpsewhich -format "dvips config" psfonts.map
>
> and see if it is found.... that should be equivalent (I think) to what
> xdv2pdf does internally to locate the file.

It is immediately found by kpsewhich.

> My guess is that your texmf.cnf is lacking an entry that is needed to
> find this file (perhaps it points to where the Fink teTeX used to be?).

No, but I do see now that there are two texmf.cnf files -- one in
/usr/local/teTeX and one /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c.  (There is
also /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf.20041118180206.)  It appears that the
latter (the one in .../web2c) is the one being consulted, but that the
former has the right font path info.  The latter is also odd in that it
defines TEXMFLOCAL as $SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-local instead of
$SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf.local.  I've tried pointing TEXFONTMAPS
in the web2c version right at the correct dir, but it doesn't same to
matter (for what I'm sure are to some eyes obvious reasons).

Chris Menzel