[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5 (& Lucida Math)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Dec 3 16:41:33 CET 2004

Le 3 déc. 04, à 16:20, Herb Schulz a écrit :

> Well, that explains a lot! Indeed I have no LucidNewMatRom font in the
> Classic Fonts Folder. I would like maths to be a bit ``heavier'' than
> CMR
> when using Hoefler Text for the Serif Font.

A putative solution would be that Jonathan (or some dedicated
individual) consider converting the Fourier fonts (from
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/fonts/type1/public/fourier/, see the
doc at /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/latex/fourier/) to the
proper OTF format so that XeTeX can use them.

As they are public domain, I imagine there wouldn't be any licence
issue. Michel Bovani, their author, has at times posted to the OS X TeX
list. From
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/fourier-GUT/README>:

	2 LICENCE
	The licence of fourier-GUTenberg is lppl (latex public
	project licence). All the files of this distribution remain in
directories
	wich name is "fourier".
	texmf/dvips/fourier
	texmf/fonts/tfm/public/fourier
	texmf/fonts/type1/public/fourier
	texmf/fonts/vf/public/fourier
	texmf/tex/latex/fourier

They have the appropriate "boldness", too, I think, given the Fourier
fonts were constructed to provide, together with Utopia, a lookalike
for the pair Lucida NewMath + Lucida Bright.

> Won't I run into the same problem using mathptmx or mathpazo since
> those
> don't exist in non-.pfb form?

You're perfectly right! What was I thinking?

Bruno