[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5

Chris Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:30:35 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:42:24AM -0600, Herb Schulz wrote:
> On 12/1/04 8:55 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at guerilla.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Okay.
> >
> > This must be the stuff I added to get the Euler math fonts working.
> > I'll change that to a class option.
> >
> > I'll also have a look in the Lucida math packages and see if I can get
> > proper support working there too.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Will
>
> Howdy,
>
> That would be wonderful. Thanks for the great job on getting XeLaTeX ``this
> user'' friendly. I don't think I'll ever fully understand how La/TeX does
> maths but it sure does it nicely.

I *hope* I'm missing something here, but as far as I can tell there are
still numerous Euler math characters not working with the latest version
of fontspec; notably:

\{ -- renders as \}
\} -- renders as |
\land -- renders as \lor
\lor -- renders as \{
\aleph -- renders as \mathcal{A}
\neg -- renders \Re

And I also know that this is NOT a deficiency in Will's terrific
fontspec work, but with Euler script, I was just hoping he might have
found a workaround for the latest version.  I am unfortunately clueless
as to how to fix Euler script; but I may take the time to learn over the
break -- I would really like to have Hoefler Text / Euler for the
semi-mathy papers I write! :-)

Chris Menzel

--

 /\ ASCII ribbon | Chris Menzel -- http://philebus.tamu.edu/cmenzel
 \/   campaign   | Philosophy Dept, Texas A&M University