[XeTeX] Missing output from xelatex

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Thu Dec 2 14:36:39 CET 2004

Hi,

this is a strange thing. I wrote a CGI script to generate PDF documents, which worked fine with pdflatex. It prints the log (last lines):

Output written on blabla.pdf (1 page, 37554 bytes).
Transcript written on blabla.log.

And correctly created the pdf file. But when switching my script to use xelatex, I get this:

Output written on blabla2.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on blabla2.log.

A similar output - but no pdf file! tex, aux, log files are created as before.

The (Perl) script contains this command:

system "/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/xelatex /Users/jan/Desktop/briefe/$letterfields{dateiname}.tex";

When executing the same command on the tex file manually, the pdf file is created.

Folder permissions are set correctly (otherwise, the log and aux files could not be written, too). What is happening here?

Thanks,

Jan
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.