[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 2 03:33:51 CET 2004

On 12/1/04 8:10 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at guerilla.net.au> wrote:

> Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> I did have a problem with Hoefler and maths; the \Gamma seemed to have
>> disappeared. Outsidxe of that it looked pretty good. I still have a problem
>> with using \usepackage{lucbmath} before the \setromanfont{} spec.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the lucida maths fonts, so it's
> hard for me to know what's going on. (These are the commercial ones, right?)
>
> If it's definitely my package that is the problem (can you get \Gamma in
> this font in XeTeX normally?) then it might be the maths stuff I added
> in v1.4 - I might need to make that optional.
>
> What's the exact problem when you write
>
> \usepackage{fontspec,lucbmath}
> \setromanfont{Hoefler Text}
>
> ?
>
> Regards,
> Will

Howdy,

Hmmm... I looks like there are major problems if I try to use the lucbmath
package. The missing \Gamma occurs when I have no special math package
loaded:

\usepackage{fontspec}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont[Numbers=Lining]{Hoefler Text}

is all I have loaded. When I use:

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{hoefl}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{m}{n}%
     {<-> "Hoefler\space Text"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{m}{it}%
     {<-> "Hoefler\space Text\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{bx}{n}%
     {<-> "Hoefler\space Text\space Black"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{b}{n}%
     {<-> ssub * hoefl/bx/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{bx}{it}%
     {<-> "Hoefler\space Text\space Black\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{b}{it}%
     {<-> ssub * hoefl/bx/it}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoefl}{m}{sc}%
     {<-> "Hoefler\space Text:Letter\space Case=Small\space Caps"}{}
\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{U}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{hoefl}

The \Gamma is there. Note: in both cases the rest of the math italic appears
to be CM.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)