[XeTeX] Old Persian (Getting slightly off topic \ldots)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Aug 30 16:23:55 CEST 2004

On 30 Aug 2004, at 2:30 pm, Robert Voogdgeert wrote:

> Op 30-aug-04 om 15:08 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Not sure how this would interact with LaTeX environments, etc;
>
> Jonathan,
>
> One question about XeLaTeX. I use to get far more warnings and errors
> when using your scripts with LaTeX than with Plain TeX. Are these
> incompatibilities of packages with the XeTeX scripts?

Possibly, but without seeing the particular warnings or error messages,
it's hard to know. If you'd like to give specific examples, maybe I (or
some of the LaTeX experts here) can tell what's going on.

In general, I'd like to think that most LaTeX packages should work in
XeTeX just like in standard TeX systems, but anything that deals with
character encodings and custom fonts seems likely to have problems.

Jonathan