[XeTeX] Old Persian (Getting slightly off topic \ldots)

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Aug 30 15:26:06 CEST 2004

Op 30-aug-04 om 15:08 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:

> You need \beginR ... \endR around right-to-left text (this is the
> normal e-TeX/TeX--XeT way to set directionality). And to enable the
> direction commands, you'll need to set \TeXXeTstate=1 at the beginning
> of your document, otherwise you'll get "! Improper \beginR" or
> something like that.

Jonathan,

This is the way I always used to do it with LaTeX, for some reason I
forgot to insert the TeXXeTstate. Thanks for pointing out the font at
SIL's site to me. It works far better than Lucida Grande, and as far as
I can see now, this this the only font in which all the kerning is
good, even the cantilation marks.