[XeTeX] Old Persian (Getting slightly off topic \ldots)

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Aug 30 11:17:49 CEST 2004

Op 29-aug-04 om 19:59 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:

> \font\ezra="Ezra SIL:script=hebr" at 14pt .......
>
> (Without the "script=hebr" specification, I'm not sure if the right
> OpenType features will be applied.)

Jonathan,

You were right about the `script=hebr' specification. Without it, the
vowel marks as well as the cantillation marks are not posited well.
Strange thing is though, that the word wrapping is l2r rather than r2l.
Can this be set right with a further specification?

I will post a small file later today in which some six Hebrew fonts are
tested with short annotations. The fonts are freely available for (or
already present with installation of) MacOSX.