[XeTeX] misplaced combining diacritical marks

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Aug 29 09:51:19 CEST 2004

On 29 Aug 2004, at 12:00 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

[snip]
> Maybe this kind of relatively generic LaTeX question (proper access to
> fonts, specified with syntax "Font with spaces in its name and name
> inside quotes", from LaTeX) would interest the LaTeX
> developers/experts hanging around at comp.text.tex, and get answered
> there. I've never had any luck with comp.text.tex myself, but you
> might be luckier.

Trouble is, it's not a "generic LaTeX" question, in that the whole idea
of supporting font (and file) names with spaces in them, by means of
allowing them to be enclosed in quote marks, is a XeTeX extension.
AFAIK, other TeX engines don't provide this.

So if the underlying \font syntax we're using is non-standard, we can
hardly be surprised that LaTeX doesn't support it!