[XeTeX] \includegraphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Aug 22 15:55:04 CEST 2004

Le 22 août 04, à 00:48, Atip Asvanund a écrit :

> If there is a font that has no small caps feature, is there a way to
> easily emulate it in XeTeX?

I don't think so. In standard LaTeX, the package psnfss builds small
caps fonts by the virtual fonts mechanism, so that, for example, a
virtual Times Small Caps is created by taking: for the normal caps, the
uppercase letters from Times at scale 1; for the small caps, the
uppercase letters from Times scaled down to, say, 0.8. Such a solution
is sub-optimal, in that the relative weights of the caps and small caps
letters obtained in this way do not fit well with each other.

For Lucida this is normally unnecessary, as there is already a Small
Caps font in the package available from Y&Y. But then it will be
probably more appropriate to use standard LaTeX, instead of XeTeX. Here
is, for example, one page of a document I'm working on, written
entirely with pdfLaTeX in the Lucida fonts from Y&Y and using small
caps: