[XeTeX] A problem with XeTeX 0.5

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Apr 29 11:47:14 CEST 2004

Hmmm.... sounds like your psfonts.map file doesn't include the expected
entry. New in 0.5 is that xdv2pdf uses psfonts.map to help locate font
files (for fonts that are used in "TFM-based" mode; not for "native"
fonts installed in OS X and used without TFMs).

Could you please run
	kpsewhich psfonts.map
to see what .map file is being used, and then look in that file for an
entry for cmr10, and let me know what it says?

Another thing you can do is run "xetex -no-pdf" to get an .xdv file,
and then run "xdv2pdf -v" to see whether the font map file is loaded.
And "xdv2pdf -d #" with various values of # will give you kpathsearch
tracing messages.

Jonathan