[XeTeX] XeTeX error message

Bruno Voisin bruno.voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Apr 26 14:04:08 CEST 2004

Le 26 avr. 04, à 12:38, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> I am inclined to agree that it is some sort of encoding issue. I am
> moving
> from Textures. I was in the process of testing some of my old Textures
> files
> by opening them directly in TeXShop -- the quotes didn't work, I
> believe.
> Eventually I got myself into a real mess by switching back and forth
> between
> encodings (using Save As...) to get things to work out. Finally, I
> adopted
> the policy of copying the Textures document and pasting it into a new,
> blank
> TeXShop document, whereupon the error messages went away.

Something which happens often, when you open a Mac OS 9 document
(Textures or else) in TeXShop and modify it, is that TeXShop (and
probably TeXtEdit and other Cocoa text editing applications as well)
reads all types of EOL characters (CR, LF and CR/LF), but the new EOLs
that it adds are saved as Unix (LF) EOLs only. Hence the resulting
document is a mess, containing several different types of EOLS, which
may confuse other applications. I don't know whether XeTeX can be
affected by this.

Bruno Voisin