[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.4 available

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 12:26:36 CEST 2004

Hi Bruno,

On 22/04/2004, at 5:19 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 22 avr. 04, à 07:16, Ross Moore a écrit :
>
>> Here's a file that I've been using to test the LaTeX commands
>> for color and graphics-inclusion.
>>
>> <PicFileLSample.ltx>
>
> Just tried this one, and noticed \XeLaTeX doesn't work:
>
> <Image 1.pdf>

Yes, I knew this...

> Also, if it is compiled in pdfTeX mode, there's a complaint about a
> missing \mybold font, and the output of \XeLaTeX is different though
> still wrong (is the yellow background intentional?):
>
> <Image 2.pdf>

  ... the coding, which you can see in the file, just uses
LaTeX's \LaTeX  :-)

These examples just show the lack of scalability in the
LaTeX logo's definition.
To make it work right, at arbitrary sizes, would mean doing
the full bit of defining math-families, etc. for the particular
size chosen.

The PicFileLSample.ltx  file isn't meant to be polished example.
Rather, it's a sheet from a workbook, where various things are
being attempted --- not all successfully.

The yellow background comes from testing  \pagecolor ,
which isn't supported by XeTeX yet.

By the way, do you get the  "insufficient math fonts"  message
in the .log, resulting from the  \maketitle  command ?
Does the  author  show on the 1st page ?
For me it does not!
That's another problem to be tracked down. I think it's related
to the failure of CM examples on my installation.

Thanks for looking and reporting.

Cheers

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114