[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.4 available

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Apr 21 12:50:21 CEST 2004

At 11:14 21/04/2004, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>Very good, Bruno, I think you got everything (except that XeTeX isn't
>responsible for the xmltex link that your ls shows!)
>
>Hans, I'd have thought that after a normal install, "which xetex" and
>"kpsewhich xetex.pool" should have located things for you, unless your
>default path doesn't find the tex binaries.

The problem is that i don't use the normal tetex setup (so, no tex under
user and so); i run multiple trees and have my own setup.

(btw, it would be handy if texshop had an option for handling that: running
a shell script before each run that initializes my own tree setup)

Thanks for all the answers (bruno, ross, etc). I now know a few more apple
tricks and can make a context format -)

Just wondering: how about making dvipdfmx xetex aware? that would give a
lot of pdf goodies. Also, with regards to supporting things like this:

- \pdffile is a bad name, since it may exist in macro packages, so:
\xtxpdffile (xtex is taken by generic pdftex extensions)
- same for \picfile: \xtxpicfile

It may be there (i didn't look inti the pool file yet):

- \xtxversion is needed as well

Hans