[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Sun Apr 11 14:49:42 CEST 2004

On Apr 9, 2004, at 6:08 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote in response Wendy:

>> Do you know anything about the company?
>
> Only that there's some sinister Mormon connection, which is why their
> interest in international text production.

I know these guys. They are somewhat associated with Wycliffe
(http://www.wycliffe.net/). Wycliffe sends individuals to live among
people groups lacking written languages. They study their culture,
hangout with the people and create written languages for them. They
then translate the Hebrew and Greek Bibles into those languages.

I am pretty sure they are Evangelicals -- people who believe the Bible
is a unique and accurate message from their deity.

Over the years SIL has made several Mac items -- mostly related to
fonts -- available for free.  I do not know about the licensing. But I
have talked to them several times via phone and email and they are very
helpful.

On Apr 9, 2004, at 5:53 PM, Wendy McKay wrote:

> Maybe our Texan connections can drop
> by and have a chat with them if that is not too difficult
> to do.  Personal contact is always better.  (Bob?)!!  :-)

I can call them on Monday, if that helps.