[UK-TUG] Final arrangements for 2019 AGM tomorrow (November 16th)

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 11:37:37 CET 2019

Dear Member,

Our AGM takes place tomorrow (16th November) at 14:00 in the Sutro Room
at Trinity College, Oxford. Note the change of room: we are in the
larger room in the first courtyard, not the cellar room, this year.

The room has AV (projector, sound, etc.), and I will be making a Skype
call available if members wish to join remotely. Please add me
(joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk) to your Skype contacts and drop me an
email, I will make sure to invite you to the 'call'.

Before the formal business, we will be meeting for lunch at Pizza
Express in Golden Cross. I have a table booked at 12:30 - UK-TUG will
pay for main courses and a drink (thanks to the committee).

In advance of the formal business, I plan to be at Trinity from about
10:30. UK-TUG has the room all day, so there will be a chance for
informal discussion about the group, TeX in general or anything else, or
indeed to avoid any autumnal weather.

My phone number is 0797 4141 8180 should you wish to ring me.

*Elections*

Please do take the opportunity to vote in the election of Chair, if you
have not already done so. As a reminder, voting closes at 23:59 today
and must be done by e-mail to me. The two candidates are Jonathan Fine
and Jay Hammond, and both have put out supporting statements to this
list (https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-announce/2019q4/thread.html).

Also remember that you can vote electronically on the AGM motions right
up to the start of the meeting. Again, details have been circulated to
thee announce list.

Finally, if you are considering standing for the committee, please let
me know: I need a nomination and a second in advance of the start of the
AGM.

I look forward so seeing as many members as possible in person tomorrow.

Regards
Joseph Wright
Secretary, UK-TUG