[UK-TUG] membership fees:, Institutional members

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Thu Dec 7 15:10:28 CET 2017

Re membership fees:

Does UKTUG want institutional members? IOP? LMS? CUP?  OU?? If so, we
would have to offer them special rates (and perhaps not supply them with
DVD's, just a download link?) It should bring us more members and more
money, so we have some motivation. UKTUG used to do it.

It's certainly going to be an effort to sell such a package. As the
committee (and any volunteers they recruit to the process) would have to
do the work, I'd like to hear from them whether they think it achievable
and worthwhile.

Does the current membership list offer any insight?  Do we have e.g.
lots of OU members? A high proportion of the LMS team signed up? What
would the economics look like? - losing individual memberships and
gaining institutional ones?

Jay Hammond

Email jay at jjnr.uk and remove homemade at talktalk.net from your address book