[UK-TUG] Notice of Annual General Meeting

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 10:49:55 CEST 2011

Dear UK-TUG Member,

The 2011 UK-TUG Annual General Meeting will take place at 2 pm on
Saturday the 22nd of October in the Sutro Room, Trinity College, Oxford,
OX1 3BH. We hope that as members as possible will be able to attend the
AGM, and also the associated speaker meeting (full details of which will
be posted separately).

Notice is hereby given for the following.

*1. Elections for the committee*

We have at present six elected committee members (plus the Chair
ex-officio), and at least one has indicated that he will not stand for
re-election. It would be good to have some new Committee members; most
of our business is conducted electronically, so a remote location would
be no barrier. Anyone who wishes to stand should contact the Secretary,
Joseph Wright, any time before the AGM, either by e-mail
(secretary at uk.tug.org) or by post:

  Joseph Wright
  Morning Star
  2 Dowthorpe End
  Earls Barton
  Northants
  NN6 0NH

Nominations for the committee must be seconded: this may be done at any
stage before the formal start of the AGM, and so is normally arranged at
the meeting.

*2. Motions for the AGM*

Any member may submit a motion to the AGM. Motions should be sent to the
Secretary either by post or by email, at the address above, and should
be received by midnight on Friday 7th October. Motions for consideration
will be circulated electronically on the Saturday the 8th of October.

*3. Accounts and Treasurer's Report for 2010-11*

Uninspected accounts will be circulated to members in advance of the
AGM, along with the motion. The formal inspected accounts will be
available at the AGM.

*4. Appointment of a proxy*

Members who will be unable to attend the meeting in person may appoint a
proxy to vote on their behalf. If the Chair is chosen as proxy, members
may also direct how their vote is to be used or may leave this to the
Chair's discretion. Full instructions for proxy voting will be included
with the circulated motions, or members may wish to appoint a proxy at
this stage. If so, please e-mail sectretary at uk.tug.org indicating that:

 a) You wish to appoint a proxy
 b) The name of the proxy (or 'Chair' if you wish to appoint the Chair)

Regards,

Joseph Wright
UK-TUG Secretary