[UK TUG] AGM - 22 November - Details, elections, motions

J.Fine J.Fine at open.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 14:35:49 CEST 2008

Dear Member

This is to once again give you formal notice of the 2008 Annual General
Meeting of the UK TeX Users Group, and to tell you about submitting
motions and standing for Chair and for the Committee.

Information about the Speaker Meeting taking place at the same time is
on our web site http://uktug.wordpress.com/2008-agm, and will also be
circulated
separately.

We will be sending out Accounts for 2007-8 and Minutes of the 2007 AGM
in due course.

We also hope to take a vote on our new constitution very soon, and I
shall write to you separately about the procedure for doing this.

Date, time and location of AGM
==============================

The AGM will take place on Saturday 22nd November, from 2pm to 3pm. If
further time is required, the Committee expects the AGM will decide to
adjourn until 5.00pm.

The AGM will take place at
     Physics and Astronomy, Room E7
     University College London
     London (walking distance from Euston)
     http://www.ucl.ac.uk/silva/phys/find

All members are entitled to attend the AGM, and without charge.

Standing for Chair and Committee
================================
To stand for Chair, nominations from two members must be sent in writing

to the Secretary, to arrive by Wednesday 15th October.

To stand for the Committee, nominations from two members must be sent
in writing to the Secretary, to arrive by Monday 17th November.

Please consider joining the Committee or standing for Chair, and do
contact me or the committee if you would like more information, or would

like us to nominate you (mailto:uktug-committee at uk.tug.org).

Submitting motions to the AGM
=============================

Any member wishing to submit a motion to the AGM should do so by
writing to the Secretary, to arrive by first post Monday 10th November.
  A seconder is not required to submit a motion.

Writing to the Secretary
===

Written communications should be sent to the address below.  Sending a
copy by email would be much appreciated.  You may if you wish use the
forms below.

Jonathan Fine (UK TUG)
LTS Strategic
Perry Building 1st Floor, Resource Room 1
The Open University
Milton Keynes
MK7 6AA

mailto:secretary at uk.tug.org

With best regards

Jonathan Fine (Chair and acting Secretary, UK TUG)

I wish to move the following motion at the AGM:
(send to arrive by Monday 10th November)
<text of motion goes here>

Date:                    Signed:

I wish to stand for the Chair of the UK TeX Users Group.
(send to arrive by Wednesday 15th October)

Date:                    Signed:

I wish to stand for the Committee of the UK TeX Users Group.
(send to arrive by Monday 17th November)

Date:                    Signed: