[twg-tds] Re: [texhax] revision of the tex directory structure document

Pierre MacKay mackay at cs.washington.edu
Sat May 29 19:01:26 CEST 2004

You cannot imagine how desperately Karl and I fought for

texmf/fonts/supplier/typeface/type

at the beginning of all this, and how reluctantly we gave in.

It was particularly unhappy in the case of Unix-flavored TeX,
because the arguments from the DOS world were so obviously
irrelevant there.

But thousands or one may hope, millions, of TeX installations now
do it the other way.  I manage my own fonts in

the texmf/fonts/supplier/typeface/type

order, by the use of symbolic links.  It is a pain, but it can
be scripted.

Pierre MacKay