[twg-tds] Re(2): [tex-implementors] tds draft 1.095

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Mon Jun 7 11:21:05 CEST 2004

"YH" == Yannis Haralambous writes:

 >> Also pfm files are usable only under Windows.  Am I right?

 YH> Windows is the only operating system reading pfm files,

I don't really know the details, but it seems that there exists(ed)
Adobe Type Manager for unix (at least for Solaris), which might use
pfm files too.

 YH> but you can use the information contained in pfm to create other
 YH> kinds of files (for example AFM files, which can be used to
 YH> produce TeX metric files).

True, but information contained in PFM files is limited, and doesn't
allow to restore all information which was contained in the AFM file
from which that PFM files was created. E.g. it lacks info about glyphs
not present in the "active" encoding (and about kerning involving
those glyphs).

Best,
v.