tds copyright

TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:04:18 -0500

    i think one needs to modify (mentally at least) this to mean "you can
    rake out bits of this for `official' projects which the owners (TUG)
    support and endorse"; ...

Hmm. I don't think the (lack of) worth/TUG endorsement of the project is
relevant.  Instead, I think we should allow any
extraction/quotes/modifications -- as long as it's not represented as
the original, of course.

Something like this:

Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this document provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided such
modifications are clearly marked and the modified version is not
represented as the original.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual
into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions,
except that this permission notice may be stated in a translation approved
by the TeX Users Group.