[Tugindia] IIT Bombay FOSSEE Summer Fellowship for students good in LaTeX

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Sat Mar 23 04:51:10 CET 2019

Dear All,

We have about a week left for those students who are good in LaTeX to
attempt for the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2019 at IIT Bombay.  Any
student from any college or school, at any level, can demonstrate their
LaTeX competence and get this Fellowship.

What do the aspiring students have to do?  They have to complete a
screening task explained in https://fossee.in/fellowship/2019.  This
page explains the duration, how one should register for the Fellowship,
and other processes involved.  Out of the 23 channels available to get
the Fellowship, one involves LaTeX, the link for which is
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/frg/wiki/index.php/FOSSEE_Fellowship_2019_LaTeX.

Students who get selected for the Fellowship will help develop useful
tools and content on LaTeX, at IIT Bombay, during the summer of 2019.

What do we do with the LaTeX tools and content we propose to develop?
It will help nicely present the collaborative content on FLOSS that we
receive from thousands of students and faculty across the country.  It
will also be used by us in conducting massive training programmes on
LaTeX.  We recently (Friday, 15 March 2019) trained 4,359 people (300
sysads, rest teachers from 15 states) on Moodle in one go,
simultaneously, through our 104 Remote Centres located across the
country.  The next training programme we have scheduled is on 4 May
2019.  On this day, we will train about 10,000 teachers simultaneously
on Scilab, through about 200 Remote Centres of ours.

I will be grateful if you can bring this FOSSEE Fellowship opportunity
to students who are good in LaTeX.  I will also look forward to your
help in hosting some Fellows in your institution, in case we identify
more students than we can accommodate at IIT Bombay.  Finally, students
who complete the screening task as required, but do not make the cut for
the Fellowship, will get an Internship Certificate from us.

Regards,
Kannan
p.s. FOSSEE stands for Free/Libre and Open Source Software for
Education, a project running at IIT Bombay since 2019 with funding from
the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India.

--
Kannan M. Moudgalya
Erach and Meheroo Mehta Advanced Education Technology Chair Professor