[Tugindia] How to ...Books ??

H S Rai tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:32:42 +0530 (IST)

Kevin wrote:

>   I  tried using  the \documentclass{book}  for the  first time  and
>   since I am not  very proficient in the area I  am looking for some
>   suggestions  on  how to  get  Section  Numbers developing  in  the
>   1,2,3,..counter order rather than 0.1, 0.2, 0.3,...and so on

In book, there will be a number of chapters. You need to define chaper
heading by  \chapter{My chapter}, then  in that you get  sections like
1.1,  1.2  inplace  of  0.1,  0.2,  if  "My  chapter"  is  your  first
chapter. Do you  want it 1,  2 etc.,  then IMO it  will not be  a book
style.

HTH

--
H.S.Rai

"Wisdom comes from what we have done badly."
                                     Theodore Levitt