[Tugindia] german chars in std letter

Sivaram Neelakantan tugindia@tug.org
13 Jan 2003 18:08:26 +0530

------=_NextPartTM-000-31963c29-e53c-441d-a895-7653923d6670

> From: David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>
> Date: 13 Jan 2003 11:02:54 +0100
>=20
> Sivaram Neelakantan <sivaram.neelakandan@wipro.com> writes:
>=20
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > In a std letter, one of the address lines is in German, i.e
> > "Gro=DFHausBerg " .  I'm able to see the char "=DF" in the emacs buffer
> > but NOT in the generated PDF file. It comes out as "GroHausBerg".  Can
> > someone tell me how to get german chars in a std english letter?

[...]
>=20
> texdoc inputenc
>=20
> You'll probably want \usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}
>=20

Right, that made it come out correctly and I also know that I haven't
downloaded the cygwinized Tex documentation.  Guess, I'll have to get
that too. :-)

regards,
Sivaram
--
Violence in reality is quite different from theory.
		-- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4

------=_NextPartTM-000-31963c29-e53c-441d-a895-7653923d6670

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

------=_NextPartTM-000-31963c29-e53c-441d-a895-7653923d6670--