[Tugindia] Re: Bug in Devnag

tugindia@tug.org tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:50:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

As I'm sure you are aware, spaces and tabs in a TeX input document are treated as word separators and are normalized to one space by TeX's input mechanism.

The behavior you are observing is probably caused by the catcode portions of dev.sty. The solution created by CV Radhakrishnan address this very issue. We are making revisions to dev.sty and this will include localizing much of the devnag-specific macros, etc. within the devnag delimiter. For the time being, please use the workaround solution, and we will notify you when a new version of dev.sty is released.

If you have any suggestions for improving the devnag package, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have a solution that will address the issue of catcodes, then I would be more than happy to hear your comments.

Thank you for your use and support of devnag.

Regards,
Anshu