[Tugindia] Re: [Tuglist] Regional chapters

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi cvr,
 Sorry I missed this mail earlier. Yes, Its true that
much work could not be done here directly but I think
the man-to-man popularisation efforts are bearing
fruit and many seem interested in being part of the
group but hings need to be formalised . I think it is
also a good time to work out the model of the network
that regional chapters should form with TUGIndia. Most
of the TeX work we have been able to do here (and
which is not much) is through the agency of Mahatma
Gandhi Antarrashtirya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya.
 It'll be nice if there could be some sort of white
paper on this( detailing responsibilties, rights, fund
generation  etc) since it seems at last regional
chapters are ready to be launched in a big way.

Amitabh
-

=====