[Tuglist] Suggestions for tutorials

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:25:17 +0530 (IST)

>    The government  of Kerala  have shown  a lot  of interest  in the
>    promotion of  TeX, we need  to submit a  proposal to them  at the
>    earliest.

What type of proposal?

The proposal  prepared for one Govt,  may also submitted to  any other
Govt.

>    Also there are many more  requests coming from different parts of
>    India to conduct tutorials at various institutions.

We should make full use of  this opportunity. The right way will be to
conduct tutorials, from  where you got requests and there  is not need
to go anywhere uninvited.

And  to  get invited  from  other  places  from  where no  request  is
received, my suggestion is: Create awareness among a few with personal
contact  &  efforts, and  then  have  a  seminar there. By  the  time,
tutorials conducted  at other places will  create more awareness. Once
that is there then invitation for tutorial will follow.

>    TUG-India have to work on  a plan to organize tutorials. It might
>    be very kind of subscribers in  this list from different parts of
>    India if  they offer their  time and  efforts to act  as resource
>    persons or organizers of tutorials.

Do you feel need of  first training the trainers? There may difference
between user and trainer.

Lastly do any list member have some presentation which can convince M$
hijacked persons  that TeX  is better than  what they  use. The ground
reality is that  I (and may be more among  list members) am surrounded
by all such persons and they feel that I am wasting time in using less
user friendly,  obsolete tools  while they can  enjoy fruit  of latest
innovation. These  are their  feelings  and I  would  like to  receive
comments on this. Such exercise may help in creating urge and need for
TeX.

--
H.S.Rai