[Tugindia] TeX learning

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil tugindia@tug.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:44:46 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, David Kastrup wrote:

> > LaTeX is perhaps the only software used by foreign journals and book
> > publishers.
>
> Wish it were so.  But it is certainly the most important freely
Hi,
 I too wish it was true. Many of my friends, especially in non
mathematical fields, tell the trouble they have to undergo as most of the
journals ask for word documents. Dileep was telling me that he had written
to the editors of the journals that ask for non TeX documents, to get the
reply that it is not needed in Chemistry related areas. Maybe propreitory
software have connections with journal publishers!. I feel TUG should do
something in this regard. Atleast there should be an option where one is
free to submit papers in TeX
regards
Baburaj
Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                  Ph: 91 080 3942624,3942591,3600265
Ph: 91 080 3942302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj@rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu