[Tugindia] how to include .tif graphics ?

Radhakrishnan CV tugindia@tug.org
24 Oct 2002 15:02:46 +0530

    shrivijay> I want to include .tif figure in my latex document. I
    shrivijay> PdfLatexed my .tex file that included something like:

    shrivijay> \documentclass{article} \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
    shrivijay> %\usepackage{graphicx} %% OPTIONAL: In the main
    shrivijay> document, immediately after \begin{document}
    shrivijay> \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.jpg,.pdf,.tif,.tiff}
    shrivijay> \begin{figure} \includegraphics{pic.tif} \caption{tiff}
    shrivijay> \end{figure} etc.  I get the following error message:
    shrivijay> ... unknown type of image

    shrivijay> Where am I going wrong? I use PdfLatex from Miktex
    shrivijay> distribution. It works fine on .pdf and .jpg files.

Your pdfTeX version seems to be old. Older versions do not support
.tif graphic inclusion. Upgrade the pdfTeX.