[Tugindia] Regional chapters [was] Meeting ...

H S Rai tugindia@tug.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:27:41 +0530 (IST)

Yesterday at 3:31pm +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

>CVR>  As far  as I  understand, charitable, scientific  society comes
>CVR>  under state  list and  not under  concurrent list. As  such, we
>CVR>  need to  register each  chapter as  per the  laws of  the state
>CVR>  where it is constituted.  That doesn't harm anyone.

As such item  was there on agenda of TUGDelhi  meeting, so I suggeted.
I  don't know  much about  the legal  things. But "Indian  Society for
Technical Education (ISTE)" is as under:

	"The   Indian  Society   for  Technical   Education
	 is   a  national, professional, non-profit making
	 Society registered under the Societies Registration
	 Act of 1860"

ISTE  and Institution of  Engineers (  http://www.ieindia.org/ ) have
similar things like statewise chapters, student chapters etc.

If you consider, it to be helpful, only then go for such things.

--
H.S.Rai

Wisdom is often birthed in the ashes of failure.