[Tugindia] Regional chapters [was] Meeting ... TUGIndia Delhi

Dr. Dinesh Karia tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:37:12 +0530

No doubt Amitabh & Co. deserve many many congratulations. I am surprised my
posting about congratulations to him is yet not delivered!!!

    As far as registration is concerned, I strongly believe that TUGIndia
should be registered as a scientific society. This has many advantages.
Well, the recognition that the group has earned over the years and with the
painstaking efforts of the seniors is unparallel, but if we register it will
be formally recognized by the Government Institutions and Universities.
(Like CSI). This will help organizing the meetings/conferences/seminars and
workshops in collaboration with the academic institutions. However, with the
registration, come as a gift all sort of formalities like keeping
accountings, auditing, and maintaining the host of

    I believe we should register.

    Besides this, let me remind the people of this group from Gujarat. Are
we sufficient in numbers to form a local chapter? Or else, I would request
Manjusha...... Univ of Pune to take the lead in formation of the Western
Chapter!!

Dinesh Karia